Tuesday, January 22, 2008

political correctness and other things

In my humble opinion, political correctness is not a good thing and I wish it would stop.
First of all, it sets higher standards for certain groups than others. Secondly it divides people. I will develop this over time.

On Motzei shabbos, the Chicago Jewish community was privileged to hear Alan Veingrad, a former NFL player, who became a Baal Teshuva (newly observant Jew). He spoke about how the lessons he learned as a football player were valuable in becoming observant. Many thanks to the Hebrew Theological College www.htc.edu or the Skokie Yeshiva for this wonderful opportunity.


Too bad we have a NY-Boston Super Bowl. The Giants deserved to win, no question about it.


Oh, by the way, when Ahmenijad wants to come back to America to speak on a campus, I have a perfect place for him, University of Michigan at Dearborn. Who says neo-cons aren't committed to free speech?

3 Comments:

Blogger wrpn said...

I'm curious Mr. Normand as to why you are opposed to paleo-cons. I reckon I'm somewhat of a traditional conservative in that I'm a charter subscriber to Pat Buchanan's "American Conservative" magazine and just participated in Early Voting for the 5 Feb primary where I opted to vote for Ron Paul on the Republican ballot.

How can you possibly justify your animosity to those who put America First?

January 24, 2008 3:57 PM  
Blogger JMNOR55 said...

Well, I applaud you for voting. Yes Pat Buchanan is smart and intelligent. However, I guess you could say that I became a pragmatist and that the perfect is the enemy of the good.

If we were living in America circa 1965, I suppose that I might join with the America First crowd.

It's funny, years ago, I was visiting my ex's uncle who was a member of the John Birch society. Needless, to say, this wasn't in the middle of a large Jewish community.

One thing I will agree with, the current bunch is not as good as it was years ago.

I will have a post on the concept of Chillul Hashem, which will have nothing to do with neocons, paleocons or crayons.

January 24, 2008 4:04 PM  
Blogger JMNOR55 said...

I endorse Jim McGreevey for President. Do you know why?

January 24, 2008 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home