Sunday, April 29, 2007

Stuff I've thought about

1) I had a nice Shabat in Rogers Park. Saw some of my friends who I haven't seen since Pesach or before then. Also, I think I drank a little more than I normally do, but not enough to be drunk or in any danger.

2) Last night, on Fox Chicago, Channel 32, they did a story on these Chicago guys in Evanston who burned their draft cards 36 years ago during the Vietnam War. Fox 32 is NOT Conservative or Republican friendly, and all Chicago and Illinois conservatives/patriots should write them a letter telling them that airing a story which is sympathetic to America's enemies is NOT ACCEPTABLE, especially from a Fox station, who allegedly is conservative or "Fair and Balanced".

3) About the Jerry Sloan snub for coach of the year. The point was not to turn it into a Limbaugh-McNabb or Imus situation. Sloan doesn't have backing from the national media, unlike Jackson and Larry Brown and Pat Riley. He's a midwestern/Rocky Mountain version of Bill Belichick, without a NBA title to his credit.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you led a very nice ki eshmera shabbat at that...

April 30, 2007 12:39 PM  
Blogger JMNOR55 said...

Should I know you? You must have been at Elliott's on
Shabat?

I didn't know that my blog had such a wide readership.
Better on this topic than some of the other topics
that I have written.

Next time, or in 2-3 weeks, I should do an Israeli
theme for Yom Yerushalayim, which is a week before
Shavuot.

May 01, 2007 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home