Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Passover

I won't be doing a lot of blogging or using of the computer from next Monday, April 2nd through April 10th, because of the Holiday of Passover, or Pesach. Pesach is the Jewish holiday where the Jews commemorate the Exodus from Egypt and becoming a self-governing people with their rules and customs.

There are a lot of rules and things to do and buy and it takes a lot of time and energy to do. Unlike Hannukah, you can't just buy candles, a few latkes and properly observe the holiday.

I hope to learn some new things about the Exodus from Egypt and the Haggadah, or the book that tells the Passover story in the next week or so. Although I have been religious for a long time, there are things that I don't know that I would like to know and share over this holiday.

This is a family holiday, which makes me happy as a single. I can join a family, rather than dwell on my single status.

By the way, I won't use the FFB term because I don't care for it and I am modern, not Yeshivish. I find that FFB is more appropriate for those on the "Right" end of the spectrum, though one can make the case that it's a dumb term to begin with.


Chag sameach to all.

1 Comments:

Blogger frumhouse said...

Have a chag kasher v'sameach!

March 28, 2007 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home