Saturday, April 21, 2007

Yom Ha'Atzmaut

On Tuesday, Israel will celebrate Yom Ha'Atzmaut, or Israeli Independence Day. The previous day is Yom Hazikaron, or Remembrance Day. I hope that both days will be meaingful to me as a Jew, even if I am not in Israel.


I think it's a day that should be noted by all Jews. How one makes it important, is up to them. There are people who say Hallel (Psalms) of praise to G-d. Others learn or study about the day. As Jews, we should note this day and be thankful that there's a Jewish state, even if it itsn't run 100% according to Halacha.

If Britain or the UN was in charge of "Palestine" would there be as many Yeshivot and Women's Seminaries as there are today? I highly doubt it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chag Atzmaut Sameach!

April 23, 2007 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home