Tuesday, April 04, 2006

open letter to "frum single women" in Chicago

Dear Frum Single Women in West Rogers Park:

My name is Joshua Normand. Perhaps you know me in person or at certain shuls in West Rogers Park.

Recently I have made a decision that some may consider "controversial" which is to relocate after Pesach to Lakeview.

The main reason is that the people there (male and female) are more willing to meet with you and talk to you. Not everyone can be one's best friend or Husband. However, I have very little sympathy for you six (or more) because you don't do much to solve your problem besides contacting SimchaLink and one or two other shadchanim. Maybe some of you should at least consider Lakeview if Rogers isn't working out.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,


Josh

4 Comments:

Blogger wendy said...

im so sorry that you feel this way. you really are a very nice guy. hopefully your move has given you a home that is welcoming.

January 06, 2008 8:38 AM  
Blogger JMNOR55 said...

This comment is almost two years old. I am still in Chicago, but I am certainly open to relocating to the East Coast. My focus is on what I can control, not what I can't. Therefore, I have shifted my direction to matchmakers or other people who know my kind of person in total, and not just, you're religious, she's religious, Bingo!

Did we see each other last night in Lincolnwood? If not, you're a different Wendy.

January 06, 2008 1:42 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

i dont live in chicago. i met you in new york years ago. i noticed your blog in a google search and i thought id lend some words of encouragement to you.

January 07, 2008 8:43 PM  
Blogger JMNOR55 said...

Thank you. Do you live in the Upper West Side, Riverdale or elsewhere in New York? Your name doesn't sound familiar.

January 08, 2008 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home