Sunday, September 10, 2006

musings

First of all, I will review the date at a later time.

1) On the "war" in Lebanon: I would like to know what exactly was accomplished by Israel going into Lebanon halfway and then agreeing to a cease-fire. Are we (Jews and state of Israel) going to have peace or a semblance of stability in the northern part of Israel? Will there be fewer bus attacks in Yerushalayim or Tel Aviv?

I felt a duty to pray and say Tehillim in the end of July and August for our brethren in Israel but I don't want to let my guard down and it seems like it just ended but I don't think that everything is back to normal. Anyone such as Sarah Bronson or others who know what's happening more intimately than me your response would be appreciated.

2) I wonder if Sepharadim should say Av Harachamim. There's nothing inherently "Ashkenazic" in the Nusach, it describes a merciful G-d and that he should avenge spilled blood. That happened in Spain as well as France and Germany.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home