Tuesday, August 26, 2008

various things

1) The weather is quite nice.

2) I wish that Bristol (ESPN) wasn't so East Coast Centric in their selection of teams to appear on Sunday Night Baseball (SNB). Why should the Phillies be on 4 times in 6 weeks, 8/3, 8/17, 8/24/ & 9/7? I don't get it.

3) I have no idea where the 2012 Conventions will be held. But the Dems should hold it in a "red state" like Cincy or Cleveland or St. Louis and the Republicans should hold it in a place like Milwaukee, Detroit or Pittsburgh.

4) For Baalei Teshuva who are "rightish" oriented: Please explain to me why the way you have chosen means that those of us Modern Orthodox/Religious Zionist are somehow "not as good" as you are.

2 Comments:

Blogger wrpn said...

I don't know Mr. Normand. When my wife and I met 13 years ago I was "Mr. MO" and she was "Ms. Rightist Baalei Teshuva" and we hooked up and probably had representatives of both groups reciting brochot under the chuppah. Over the years she has become less of an Agudist and I've grown to be more observant under the umbrella of Religious Zionism/Open Orthodoxy.

So it can work out.

Yours for Baldwin-Castile '08

August 27, 2008 3:25 PM  
Blogger JMNOR55 said...

This actually was addressed to other people, mainly younger women who all of a sudden started wearing skirts, not going to movies, bars, etc. and say Baruch Hashem every three sentences.

Sorry for the confusion

August 29, 2008 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home