Wednesday, November 21, 2007

socializing (or lack thereof) among Orthodox singles

Today, I am going to write about the lack of socializing among singles in Rogers Park and why I think it is a poor reflection of a person's character. For purposes of this discussion, I am only referring to single women between the ages of 25-40 and have some independence in their living.

I understand the need for Shadchanim today and I don't expect to have a deep discussion at a kiddush at one of the shuls in the neighborhood. What I don't understand is your lack of wanting to have anything to do with the single guys in your neighborhood. Are we a bunch of misfits or ogres? Maybe we work in similar fields. I don't know but you won't let me or my fellow single males know this fact.

Why do you want to wait for a Shadchan or Shabaton? Are they so successful?

Is conversation of "non-traditional frum topics" something that you are incapable of? Prove me wrong and I will be happy to change my opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home