Wednesday, May 09, 2007

things that I have thought about

Well, I have stuff on my mind.

1) Someone came up to me over the weekend and proposed to do a low-key singles event at a big shul which I won't mention until if and when this event happens. So today, I sent him a word document with all of the singles that I know of in our neighborhood of Rogers Park and even a few Lakeview and Skokie people. Lincolnwood is a nice community, but a family community, as is Skokie, though there are older singles in Skokie.

2) Although the Israel Day walk was nice, I think that it would be better if we walked as a large community like in New York. I saw pictures from their Israel Salute Day and it was impressive.

3) Next Wednesday is Yom Yerushalayim or Jerusalem Reunification Day. Unlike Yom Ha'Atzmaut, this is a day that belongs primarily to the Religious community, or more specifically, the Religious Zionist community. I will be checking with some Israeli bloggers or the guy who runs hirhurim.blogspot.com, which I have linked on my blog, about the sources for this day and who celebrates it the most.

4) It's too bad that the Fort Dix Six story was largely ignored by the MSM and even "conservative" news media, including Fox News and Newsmax. O'Reilly (aka the Leprechaun) was deferential in his interview yesterday with a recent convert to Islam. This should disqualify him from any "membership" in conservative causes, whatever his beefs are with Michael Savage, Hugh Hewitt and other bloggers.

If the mainstream conservative media and other mainstream media would talk about the Fort Dix Six and other "insensitive" stories, then Savage would be less interesting. However, I like Savage, Precisely because he covers these topics and weaves in historical parallels that the other guys don't. He fills a vacuum.
One host who is great on these topics, is ironically, enough, Savage's competitor, Mark Levin, who I listen to late at night on WLS. His website is www.marklevinshow.com.

1 Comments:

Blogger frumhouse said...

Hope you are doing well. I agree, the JUF Walk for Israel showing was disappointing. If you are going to do a singles event - make sure to advertise it in Likutei Peshatim and Israel News. Try to get as wide an audience as possible!

May 13, 2007 5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home