If you're a fan of the 80's and its fads, then it's a cute movie. It won't set records for gross receipts or win Oscars, but that's cool with me.
The nerdy kid is really good. The other star is the love interest who's on Access Hollywood.
Now to sports
I will focus on the NHL as the NBA is not as appealing to me, if you've read previous posts, you know why.
Eastern Conference Championship
Buffalo Sabres-Ottawa Senators
I like Ottawa in 6. They're overdue for at least a conference title if not a Stanley Cup. Emery is a good goaltender and they have enough offense to win. Buffalo is EXPECTED to win. Ottawa is like the Colts.
Western Conference Championship
Detroit Red Wings-Anaheim Ducks
My heart says Anaheim. I hate Detroit teams and the city. However, Anaheim needs to have great goal tending in order to win. Their offense is good, but not as good as Detroit's. Detroit in 6.
General Hockey thoughts
1) Can Bettman NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is incompetent and fails to promote hockey Nationally. Versus is a terrible choice for a television network to promote hockey. Choose TNT or USA Network. More people get that than Versus.
2) When the Seattle Sonics move to Oklahoma, there will be a void in the winter at Key Arena. I suggest that Seattle steal either the Chicago Black Hawks or the Columbus Blue Jackets. It would put another team in the Northwest division and reduce travel for the 3 Canadian teams (Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton).
3) Nashville and San Jose need new coaches for gagging in the playoffs. I suggest they raid the Red Wings organization for a coach. I don't like the Red Wings but they win every darn year so they must be doing something right.
4) As long as the Black Hawks are here, they need to get a star from somewhere in a trade. Maybe package a few guys and send them to Nashville for Kariya.
5) I think Jaromir Jagr is a B-Level hockey star. Good player, but not "great enough" to elevate his team in a big spot, like Mark Messier. If he was really good, the Rangers would have forced Buffalo into a Game 7.