Tuesday, February 19, 2008

update

Well, I had a busy but nice weekend in Chicago and New York. Got to spend time with my family. I am glad that I went to New York, even if it was a short trip.

Sports wise: Gonzaga won in San Francisco Saturday night 83-63 and last night in San Diego against the Dons on ESPN2 59-55, to improve to 21-6. Pargo and Daye are the stars of the team, not Heytvelt.

However, Gonzaga takes a back seat in the Pacific Northwest to the news that on Dave Niehaus' 73rd birthday he was named the recipient of the Ford Frick Award and will be enshrined in the Baseball Hall of Fame this summer. For a good while, I have hoped that he would win this award. Now that it's here, I am real happy for him and all of the Mariner fans in the Northwest and elsewhere. This is one of the best days in the history of the franchise. While it isn't like winning a World Series, it is quite an honor to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, especially in light of the congressional hearings last week with a certain pitcher who will not be named on this blog.

www.mariners.mlb.com for more information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home