Thursday, November 29, 2007

update

Well, there is a bit of sad news in the Chicago Jewish community. Rabbi Zvi Teller, of Skokie Yeshiva, passed away this week. While I didn't have him as a Rebbe, he did come to Seattle when I was in High School at the Northwest Yeshiva High School, to come and talk about Yeshivat Hakayitz. www.nyhs.com

On Monday night, I attended a mass Tehilim at KINS for the Jewish people in Israel. We recited five or six chapters of Tehillim and then Rabbi Pesach Lerner of the National Council of Young Israel spoke about the matzav (situation) in Israel with the Annapolis peace conference. The more we speak out, write letters to the editors, etc. the better.

Also, I regret that I missed a nice shiur on Shemittah given by Rabbi Yuval Cherlow. I think he's a Rabbi of a Yeshiva in Israel. He is the Rosh Yeshiva of Yeshivat Hesder Petach Tikvah in Israel.

3 Comments:

Blogger wrpn said...

Why can't you just support Annapolis? Israel needs peace. It doesn't need the Rejectionist camp undermining efforts to save the country, the Arutz 7 crowd with its pitiful settlements, and a disloyal hardline "Israel Lobby" here in the US!

December 04, 2007 8:28 PM  
Blogger JMNOR55 said...

If I supported Annapolis, what would happen? The land of Israel would shrink by a certain percentage and then what would happen? The problems in the Palestinians are not of our doing.


Actually, I am pro-Palestine state. It's called the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan

December 09, 2007 7:41 AM  
Blogger JMNOR55 said...

After today's article in the Tribune, where there is conflict between the Israelis and Palestinians my question is what other concessions should the Israelis make? Also, since they took over Judea, Samaria and Gaza in the Six-Day War, should the US give back Florida to Spain, the Louisiana Purchase to France, etc.

Moreover, I am a simple person, not a Senator. What I think doesn't have national impact.

December 13, 2007 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home