Monday, March 06, 2006

Movies, etc.

Well yesterday, my cousin and I donated some of his old TV's to the Ark, a Jewish social service organization and then saw 16 Blocks, a movie with Bruce Willis as a NY City cop protecting some criminal played by Mos Def who I think is a rapper (sorry I am not up on the Hip Hop world like those people in their 20's). It was a formulaic dumb movie because it was predictable that Bruce Willis would outwit the cops (who were corrupt) and his criminal pal makes it to Seattle where his sister is and he starts a bakery.

First of all, who the heck is this cop appointed to "root out corruption". In the Police Force, Military and Fire fighting squads, individualism is not tolerated. Second of all, Bruce Willis isn't a Hollywood hunk anymore.

Now on to College Hoops:
Gonzaga needed OT to beat San Diego yesterday, 96-92. They get Loyola Marymount who nipped St. Mary's yesterday. St. Mary's made the NCAA tournament last year. San Diego is a decent team, I remember they beat Gonzaga in the WCC Final 3 years ago to get the automatic bid.

MAAC: Very sad as my Manhattan Jaspers lost to St. Peter's Peacocks, 82-74. St. Peter's gets Iona who beat Marist 100-84. Burtt Jr. had 30 and another guy had a career high 31.

Syracuse lost to Villanova yesterday in Gerry MacNamara's final home game 92-82. After JJ, GMac may be the most overrated player in college basketball. I don't want to hear about him or Jim Boeheim. I would fire Boeheim or at least seriously consider it because of that loss to DePaul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home